SHRM Sr Specialist, Executive Strategic Initiatives in Alexandria, Virginia
Sr Specialist, Executive Strategic Initiatives
1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Wednesday, January 31, 2024
SHRM creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things works, workers, and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener, and thought leader on issues impacting today’s evolving workplaces. With nearly 325,000 members in 165 countries, SHRM impacts the lives of more than 235 million workers and families globally.
Under the direction of the Manager of Executive Network Marketing, the Senior Specialist, Strategic Initiatives manages the strategy, programming, and execution for SHRM Executive Network (EN) conferences to elevate the overall member experience. The senior specialist supports each of the EN’s events including the monthly virtual discussions EN:Insights Forums, and member-exclusive in-person experiences (EN Experience at SHRM Annual Conference & Expo and Visionaries Summit). The senior specialist is an avid consumer of industry best practices, news and trends for both in-person and virtual events, bringing to life ideas for delivering top-notch initiatives, ultimately promoting the EN brand and SHRM business goals.
· Develop and execute strategic plans for virtual and in-person EN events, heavily collaborating with internal teams along the way
· Lead the coordination of the event agenda and programming to provide an executive-level experience to EN members
· Collaborate with the SHRM Speakers Bureau and other internal teams to cultivate and contract speakers for EN events. Could involve working with speakers directly to develop programming specific to executives
· Manage event budgets to ensure cost-effective execution
· Coordinate with marketing and membership teams to develop and execute tailored communication plans to attendees before, during and post event
· Research and analyze post-event evaluation reports to understand audience feedback; partner with Market Research team and Digital Insights team to discover key insights and opportunities related to event experience.
· Other duties as assigned to support EN events.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Event/Hospitality Management, Business or a related field (or equivalent relevant work experience and training).
· At least five (5) years of progressively complex experience in a similar work environment and role, preferably with medium to large brand(s) or organizations.
· Expertise in live and virtual events/conferences.
· Clear demonstration of successful project management.
Certifications - None
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Avid consumer of event trends with an ability to see how SHRM can innovate.
Analytical skills with ability to synthesize data.
Consistent attention to detail, organization and prioritization, with an ability to multi-task and manage complexity.
Strategic and critical thinking skills.
Self-starter attitude, collaborative spirit, and ability to be flexible and move quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Strong creativity, savviness and initiative.
Good judgment skills and adherence to deadlines.
Leadership ability with experience working in a cross-functional team.
Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong project management and time management skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint/Keynote; design experience in PowerPoint or other presentation tool is preferred.
Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Light lifting is required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force to constantly move objects.
- Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
This job requires moderate travel 10-20%.
The hiring range for this position is $83,000 to $108,000 per year. This range is an estimate and the actual salary may vary based on the candidate's experience, skills, and qualifications. SHRM offers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. The benefits for this position include professional growth and development, health, dental, vision, well-being, health savings, flexible spending, retirement, open leave, and annual discretionary bonus and incentives.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Family Marketing
Job Function Performance Marketing & Comm
Pay Type Salary
- 1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA