SHRM Senior Researcher in Alexandria, Virginia
1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
SHRM creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things works, workers, and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener, and thought leader on issues impacting today’s evolving workplaces. With nearly 325,000 members in 165 countries, SHRM impacts the lives of more than 235 million workers and families globally.
The Senior Researcher drives to achieve SHRM’s recognition as a thought leader in the Human Resources industry by leading large and complex research programs that support the organization’s key strategic initiatives. These strategic initiatives include, but are not limited to, quantitative and qualitative research on workforce/workplace topics and new product development. The position works collaboratively and guides teams to develop and execute comprehensive research programs, evaluate deliverables and understand the success metrics of the work. This position actively contributes to charting the research strategy and the core activities associated with future strategic initiatives.
· Conduct strategic research to support SHRM’s mission as it relates to work, worker and workplace.
· Design and execute complex research studies from start to finish, including defining research questions and objectives, developing research plans, designing surveys, analyzing results, summarizing findings, and creating final deliverables that tell a story
· Develop innovative content to support SHRM’s strategic initiatives as needed.
· Conduct quantitative research on current and emerging workforce and workplace trends
· Closely partner and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand research goals and meet business objectives
· Deliver engaging content based upon aggregated data.
· Serves as a research spokesperson regarding SHRM Research
· Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
Master’s degree in economics, data sciences, I-O psychology or related fields.
PhD in economics, data sciences, I-O psychology or related fields preferred.
· At least five (5) years of relevant experience
- 7 years of relevant experience preferred
- SHRM-SCP required within first year of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Strong foundation in applied research design, test construction and validation, methodology and statistics (using SPSS, SAS, and/or R)
Superior analytical skills, as demonstrated by a track record of problem solving activities
Excellent oral communication skills, writing, and presentation skills, and a deep interest in developing insights and pragmatic research solutions for practitioners at the intersection of people and work
Orientation toward continuous improvement, as demonstrated by a proven track record of innovations and contributions to improve the quality, quantity, and consistency of research and associated deliverables
Candidates should be willing to work on a variety of types of tasks and projects, and possess a desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to customer/project needs
Candidates should possess a proven track record of complex project management.
Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Family Research
Job Function Differentiated Pay
Pay Type Salary
- 1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA