SHRM Marketing Lead, B2B Content in Alexandria, Virginia
Marketing Lead, B2B Content
1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Wednesday, November 1, 2023
SHRM creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things works, workers, and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener, and thought leader on issues impacting today’s evolving workplaces. With nearly 325,000 members in 165 countries, SHRM impacts the lives of more than 235 million workers and families globally.
Under the direction of the Manager of Executive Network Content, the Marketing Lead, B2B Content creates content marketing materials used to promote SHRM’s B2B products and services to an executive audience. This position would support a variety of SHRM products and services that appeal to CEOs, CXOs, and CHROs by creating engaging content based on current business needs. This position would be expected to be up to date on the latest news in business, labor regulations, the economy, B2B technology, and popular discourse around workplace trends. They would use this expertise to develop content that speaks to executives’ challenges, which can serve as a starting point for larger discussions with SHRM about business transformation or executive development.
· Develop and execute high-value enterprise-focused content marketing materials for an executive audience, including articles, guides, reports, case studies, infographics, etc.
· Coordinate with agencies, freelancers, and internal stakeholders to develop and edit additional content, including tacking expenses against a budget.
· Plan and execute lead-gen webinars to attract top executives as the start of a conversation with SHRM about business transformation or executive development.
· Support enterprise-focused activities at in-person executive events.
Conduct interviews with SHRM members, customers, and prospects to highlight their thought leadership, record testimonials, write case studies, and/or better understand their needs.
Collaborate with membership, sales, and other teams within SHRM to support in-person and virtual lead generation and prospecting events.
Create sales enablement materials to facilitate the use of content marketing in enterprise sales conversations.
Work with the broader SHRM marketing team to develop communication plans for sharing content assets with members and prospects.
Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business or a related field (or equivalent relevant work experience and training).
· At least seven (7) years of progressively complex experience in a similar work environment and role, preferably with medium to large brand(s) or organizations.
· Expertise in conceptualizing and creating content for a B2B audience.
· Clear demonstration of successful project management.
Certifications - None
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Superlative oral and written communication skills and impeccable storytelling ability.
Strong grasp of business fundamentals and workforce trends.
Able to absorb and synthesize large amounts of information into a few salient points.
Consistent attention to detail, organization and prioritization, with an ability to multi-task and manage complexity.
Experience working with executives or other individuals who need a higher level of service.
An entrepreneurial spirit and a history of taking the initiative to develop new ideas, create new opportunities and find opportunities for collaboration.
Comfort with ambiguity and moving targets.
Strong project management/time management skills, including the ability to hit deadlines.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint/Keynote; design experience in PowerPoint or other presentation tools is preferred.
Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Light lifting is required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force to constantly move objects.
- Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. SHRM follows a hybrid work schedule. Employees are expected to work in the office 3 days per week and two days remotely.
This job requires occasional travel; 0-10% of the time.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Family Marketing
Job Function Performance Marketing & Comm
Pay Type Salary
- 1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA