SHRM Coordinator, Administrative Services in Alexandria, Virginia
Coordinator, Administrative Services
1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Monday, May 22, 2023
SHRM creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things works, workers, and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener, and thought leader on issues impacting today’s evolving workplaces. With nearly 325,000 members in 165 countries, SHRM impacts the lives of more than 235 million workers and families globally.
The Coordinator, Administrative Servicesaids the SHRM staff to ensure successful service delivery of facility needs. Directly supports the Administrative Services team with office administration tasks, purchasing, inventories, and coordinating the work requests for facilities staff.
· Monitor and assign Administrative Service Desk (Jira) requests to appropriate team members and contractors for resolution.
· Administer the centralized purchasing function by reviewing and approving department purchase requests, and purchasing goods and services as requested by departments, within the established budget and compliance guidelines.
· Create and process Purchase orders, submit them to each vendor, and amend vendor invoices when needed.
· Provide training to current and new employees using the purchasing system.
· Liaison for SHRM remote offices, providing basic facilities management support to remote team members.
· Manage inventory for facility management supplies, not limited to security supplies,cleaning supplies, and pantry supplies, among others.
· Assist in the execution of the Emergency Plan, by understanding and communicating the plan with staff.
· Assist and support the administrative services team as needed.
· Provide administrative support to executive staff as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 2-4 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or in an Administrative support role using MS Office and purchasing systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
· Previous experience in Oracle NetSuite preferred
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent customer service focus
· Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet required deadlines
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
· Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
· Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing, and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
· Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and conference settings and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Family Administrative Support
Job Function Business Development & Support Functions
Pay Type Hourly
- 1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA